Restoring A Resin Stone Bath
At Foreman Snags, we understand the importance of keeping your bathroom looking its best. A resin stone bath is a popular choice among homeowners due to its durability and low maintenance, but like any bathroom feature, it can suffer from surface damage over time.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the advantages of opting for a resin stone bath, the common causes of surface damage, and why you should choose a professional surface repair company like Foreman Snags to fix any issues. We’ll also detail the process of a professional repair job and provide some advice on maintaining your resin stone bath to ensure it lasts for years to come.
Advantages of a resin stone bath
A resin stone bath is a type of bathtub that is made from a mixture of resin and stone. Resin is a synthetic material that is typically made from a combination of polyester or epoxy resin and various fillers. These include quartz or marble powder.
The stone component of the bathtub is typically made from crushed stone or pebbles. They are mixed with the resin to create a durable and sturdy material.
The combination of resin and stone in bathtub results in a number of benefits.
The resin provides strength and durability, making the bathtub resistant to scratches and chips. The stone component gives the bathtub a natural and organic look, while also providing a textured surface that is comfortable to the touch.
Resin stone baths are also known for their heat retention properties. This means they allow water to remain warm for a longer period of time.
They’re also non-porous, which means they’re resistant to staining, chipping, and cracking, and they’re easy to clean and maintain.
Resin stone baths are also available in a wide range of designs and colours. You can choose a bath that complements your bathroom’s décor.
Common causes of surface damage
Despite their durability, resin stone baths can still suffer from surface damage over time. The most common causes of damage include:
- Scratches and scuffs: These can occur from everyday use such as moving items in and out of the bath or using abrasive cleaning products.
- Stains: Resin stone baths are resistant to staining. However, if left untreated, hard water stains, mould, and mildew can build up and discolour the surface.
- Chips and cracks: These can occur from accidental impacts or pressure such as standing on the edge of the bath or placing heavy items on it.
Why choose a professional surface repair company
If your resin stone bath is suffering from surface damage, it’s important to choose a professional surface repair company to fix the issue. At Foreman Snags, we have the skills and experience to repair any surface damage to your resin stone bath whether it’s scratches, scuffs, stains, chips, or cracks.
We use the latest techniques and equipment to ensure that the repair is as seamless and invisible as possible so your bath looks as good as new. We also use high-quality, long-lasting materials to ensure the repair will last for years to come.
The Repair Process
When you contact Foreman Snags to repair or restore your resin stone bath, we follow a detailed process to ensure the repair is executed to the highest standard possible. Here’s an overview of the steps we take:
- Assessment: Our team will first carry out a thorough assessment of the damage to your resin stone bath. This will involve inspecting the bath to identify the extent of the damage and determine the best course of action.
- Preparation: We’ll then prepare the area for repair by cleaning the surface and removing any loose or damaged material. This will ensure that the repair will adhere properly and look as seamless as possible.
- Filling: We’ll then use a special resin filler to repair any chips or cracks in the bath. The filler is specially formulated to match the colour and texture of your resin stone bath so the repair will be undetectable.
- Shaping: After the filler has hardened, we’ll smooth and shape it to match the surrounding surface, ensuring the repair blends seamlessly with the rest of the bath.
- Colouring: We’ll then use a colour-matching system to ensure that the repair is an exact match to the surrounding surface.
- Clear coating: Finally, we’ll apply a clear coat to protect the repair and give it a glossy finish. This will not only protect the repair but also make it look new.
Our team of expert technicians will work quickly and efficiently to ensure that your resin stone bath is repaired to the highest standard.
Maintaining Your Resin Stone Bath
To ensure that your resin stone bath stays looking its best for years to come it’s important to maintain it properly. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Avoid using abrasive cleaning products as they can scratch the surface of the bath. Instead, use a mild detergent and a soft sponge or cloth to clean it.
- Wipe up any spills or stains as soon as they happen to prevent them from becoming ingrained and harder to remove.
- Regularly clean and dry the bath after use to prevent the build-up of hard water stains, mould, and mildew.
- Use a bath mat or non-slip surface to prevent accidental slips and falls that could cause damage to the bath.
- Avoid placing heavy items on the edge of the bath or standing on it, as this can cause chips and cracks.
By following these tips, you can keep your resin stone bath looking as good as new for years to come. However, if you do notice any surface damage, don’t hesitate to contact Foreman Snags. Our team of experts will be happy to repair any issues and restore your bath to its former glory.
A resin stone bath is a durable and low maintenance option for your bathroom. But, despite its durability, it can still suffer from surface damage over time.
We use the latest techniques and equipment to ensure that any repair is as seamless and invisible as possible so your bath will look as good as new. Maintaining your resin stone bath by cleaning it regularly, avoiding abrasive cleaning products and placing heavy items on the surface can help prevent damage.
Contact us today to schedule a repair or with any questions you may have!