Why Use A Specialist To Repair Scratch On Laminate Floor
Repairing scratch on laminate floor
Laminate flooring is a popular choice for homes because it is durable and easy to clean. However, it can be scratched if you’re not careful. We can provide a solution and expertly repair a scratch on your laminate floor that preserves the original appearance of the floor as well as saving you money in the long run.
There are a few ways we can repair a scratch on a laminate floor. One way is to use a wood filler and another way is to use a vinyl repair kit.
If we choose to use a wood filler, we’ll make sure that we use the right colour to match your flooring. Once we fill the scratch with the wood filler and let it dry, we’ll then, sand it down until it is level with the rest of the floor. Finally, we seal the filler with a polyurethane sealant.
Similarly, if we use a vinyl repair kit, our technicians will be sure that you get the right colour to match your flooring. After we’ve applied the filler, we seal the repair with a polyurethane sealant.
What are the most common causes of scratches on laminate floors?
When it comes to scratches on laminate floors, there are a few culprits that are more common than others. Here, we’ll take a look at the four most common causes of scratches on laminate floors, and we’ll provide you with some tips on how to avoid them.
1. Moving Furniture
One of the most common causes of scratches on laminate floors is moving furniture. If you’re not careful, you can easily drag your furniture across the floor and create unsightly scratches. To avoid this, be sure to use furniture pads or coasters whenever you move furniture around.
Pets can also be a source of scratches on laminate floors. If your pet likes to scratch or chew on the floor, it can easily cause damage. One way to prevent this is to place a rug or mat near your pet’s favourite scratching post or chewing area. This will help protect the floor from scratches and damage.
Another common cause of scratches on laminate floors is shoes. If you’re not careful when you walk, you can easily scratch the floor with your shoes. To avoid this, try to take your shoes off before entering the house, and be especially careful when walking in high-heeled shoes.
4. Cleaning Supplies
Finally, another common cause of scratches on laminate floors is cleaning supplies. If you’re not careful when using cleaning supplies, you can easily scratch the floor. To prevent this, always read the instructions carefully before using any cleaning supplies, and be sure to use caution when handling them.
Why use a professional to repair a scratch on laminate floor?
When it comes to repairing a scratch on a laminate floor, many people might think that they can do it themselves. However, this is not always the case. In most instances, it might be better to leave the repair to a professional. Here are four reasons why you should call in Foreman Snags for a professional repair:
- Our technicians have the experience and expertise necessary to repair scratches on a laminate floor properly. They know how to make the repair look seamless and undetectable.
- We have the proper tools and equipment needed to repair scratches on a laminate floor. This includes sanders, saws, and other tools that can damage the floor if used incorrectly.
- Our specialists have been trained in how to repair scratches on a laminate floor. We know the best techniques and methods for ensuring a quality repair job.
- We can also often repair scratches at a lower cost than if you were to try to do it yourself.
How to avoid scratches on laminate floor
Laminate flooring is a popular and affordable flooring option, but it can be easily scratched. If you have laminate flooring in your home, here are some tips to help you avoid scratches:
- Be careful when moving furniture. Dragging or pushing heavy furniture can scratch the floor. Try to lift furniture when moving it, and use protective pads on sharp edges.
- Wear shoes with rubber soles. Shoes with slick soles can easily scratch the floor.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on the floor. Chemicals can etch the surface of the floor and make it more susceptible to scratches. Abrasive cleaners can also scratch the surface of the floor.
If a scratch does occur, there are a few ways to repair it:
- If the scratch is small, you may be able to repair it with a touch up pen. These pens are available at most home improvement stores.
- If the scratch is bigger, you may need to repair it with wood filler or touch up paint. Be sure to match the colour of your laminate flooring when choosing touch up paint.
- If the scratch is very big or deep, you may need to consider replacing a section of the flooring.
Why is repairing a scratch on laminate floor preferable to replacement?
When it comes to scratches on laminate flooring, the best option is often to repair them rather than replace the entire floor. Here are four reasons why:
1. Repair a scratch on laminate floor is more affordable than replacement
If your floor is only scratched in a small area, repairing it is likely to be much cheaper than replacing the entire floor.
2. Repair is less time-consuming than replacement.
Replacing a floor can be a major undertaking, involving hours of work and lots of mess. Repairing a scratch can usually be done in just a day or less by our specialist technicians, without any fuss or mess.
3. Repair preserves the original look of the floor
When you replace a floor, you have to choose a new colour and style that will match the rest of your home. This isn’t always easy, and it can end up looking quite different from the original flooring. When you repair a scratch, you can simply choose a colour that matches the surrounding area, preserving the original look of your flooring.
4. Repair is more durable than replacement
A properly repaired scratch will be just as durable as the surrounding area of the flooring. This means that you won’t have to worry about it coming apart or becoming damaged again in the future.
If you require more information, get in touch with Foreman Snags today and learn how we can help you restore your laminate floor back to good as new.