Specialised Granite Hearth Restoration
Granite is an ideal material for a hearth, providing a luxurious look with the practicality of granite’s durability and strength. A granite hearth is not only visually pleasing but also provides superior protection against heat and fire damage.
Additionally, granite is a natural stone which means it requires minimal maintenance due to its nonporous surface.
When considering granite for your hearth, there are many design options to choose from. The wide array of granite colours and styles available allows you to find the perfect granite hearth to match any décor style.
Granite is an excellent choice for your hearth given its durability, strength and beauty. With minimal maintenance required and an extensive variety of designs available, granite provides a luxurious solution that won’t break the bank.
What is our granite hearth repair process?
To begin the repair process, we will need to thoroughly clean the granite hearth. We’ll use a strong cleaner specifically designed for use on granite and stone, and allow it time to work its magic. After we have given it sufficient time to get to work, we’ll wash it down thoroughly with a sponge or cloth to protect the surface.
Next, we use a sealer or granite repair kit to fill in any chipped or cracked areas.
If the granite is heavily stained, we may need to apply a granite cleaner before proceeding. Once the granite has been filled and cleaned, we’ll use epoxy glue to attach pieces that have broken off. After allowing the glue to dry completely, we’ll sand down the area until it is smooth.
Finally, we finish the granite hearth by applying a granite sealer.
This will help protect your granite from future stains and damage. It is recommended that you reapply sealer every six months for optimal protection.
With proper cleaning and maintenance, your granite hearth can last for many years with minimal effort required from you.
Common causes of damage to a granite hearth
Granite hearths are often the centrepiece of any living space, and they can be a great way to add value to your home.
However, granite is not an indestructible material, and it’s important to be aware of the common causes of surface damage that can occur over time.
The most common cause of granite hearth damage is scratching from daily use.
Even with regular cleaning, items such as pots, pans and tools can leave scratches on granite surfaces when dragged or bumped across them. This can lead to dulling of the granite’s finish with time.
To prevent this type of damage from occurring, owners should try to avoid dragging objects across granite surfaces at all costs, using soft felt pads under items when possible.
Another common cause of granite hearth damage is moisture exposure and staining. Granite is a porous material, so it can absorb water or liquids if not properly sealed.
This can lead to discoloration of the granite and even etching, where the granite surface has been pitted or scratched by acidic liquids such as vinegar or lemon juice.
To prevent this type of damage from occurring, granite surfaces should be sealed with an appropriate sealant and owners should be sure to use coasters under drinks and wipe up spills immediately.
Finally, granite surfaces may also suffer damage from thermal shock. This occurs when granite is suddenly exposed to extreme temperatures, such as placing a hot pot on cold granite or vice versa.
How to maintain a granite hearth
Maintaining a granite hearth is not a difficult task. However, it does require some regular upkeep to ensure that your granite looks beautiful and lasts for years to come.
Here are some simple steps to help you keep your granite hearth looking its best:
- Clean regularly with warm water and mild soap. Granite is porous, so using abrasive cleaners or harsh chemicals can damage the surface of the granite over time. Use a soft cloth or sponge to gently clean the granite without scratching it.
- After cleaning, apply a granite sealant once every few months to protect your granite from staining and water damage. Apply sealant evenly using a lint-free cloth, following manufacturer instructions closely.
- Avoid exposure to extreme temperatures and direct sunlight as much as possible. If granite is exposed to intense heat or cold, it can cause cracking or discoloration of the granite hearth surface.
- Be sure never to use harsh chemicals on your granite hearth. Harsh chemicals can damage the sealant layer and cause permanent staining of the granite surface.
- Vacuum regularly, paying special attention to crevices where dirt may accumulate over time. This will help keep your granite looking like new for years to come!
By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your granite hearth lasts for many years while always looking its best. With regular maintenance and love, granite hearths can bring warmth and beauty to your home.
Why use a professional surface repair company?
When it comes to granite hearths, the right repair is essential. While DIY granite repair may seem like a cost-effective solution, getting the job done correctly requires professional expertise and specialised equipment that many homeowners don’t have.
Here are some of the benefits of using Foreman Snags for your granite hearth:
- Durability: Our technicians understand the unique properties of granite and can ensure that repairs last longer than those attempted by individuals who lack experience with granite surfaces. We use specialised tools and techniques to produce durable results, ensuring your granite hearth looks great for years to come.
- Quality: Our team of specialists use quality products designed specifically for granite surfaces, guaranteeing a superior finish. Granite is a tough and resilient material, however DIY granite repair attempts often fall short in terms of quality, leaving your granite hearth looking less than desirable.
- Professionalism: The right granite repairer will have a good eye for design and be able to create an aesthetically pleasing appearance while also ensuring the granite hearth is fully functional. We provide peace of mind by guaranteeing you the work will be of a professional standard by our skilled technicians.
Ultimately, investing in a professional surface repair company like Foreman Snags is worth it when it comes to granite hearths.
Not only are you sure to get a superior finish but also guaranteed durability and full functionality.
For more information on granite repair please contact us today! We look forward to helping you bring your granite hearth back to life.